Beginning September 1, 2021, Blue Shield of California will implement a new reimbursement policy for genetic and molecular testing. All providers billing for genetic and molecular testing services included in the policy (see below) must adhere to the coding recommendations in the Concert Genetics portal.
This program covers the following test types and code ranges:
- Molecular Pathology (81105-81479)
- Genomic Sequencing Procedures and Other Molecular Multianalyte Assays (81410-81471)
- Multianalyte Assays with Algorithmic Analyses (81490-81599)
- Proprietary Laboratory Analyses (PLA) Codes
How to Register
Please fill out the form on this page. Within two business days, Concert Genetics will send a Welcome Packet that will include instructions on how to:
- Create an account
- Ensure your test catalog is accurate and up to date
- Complete the Quality Questionnaire
- View the Concert Genetics coding recommendations
In addition, you will also gain access to:
- Training videos
- Concert Genetics Coding Engine Whitepaper
More about Concert Genetics
The genetic testing market is growing fast and evolving rapidly. One significant challenge is coding genetic tests for reimbursement, as is evident in claims data, where variation in coding correlates with variation in pricing.
Concert Genetics, a leader in data and digital infrastructure for the Genetic Health Information Network, has developed a novel method to translate a genetic test into a single code or code combination. This method, delivered as the Concert Coding Engine, standardizes the coding process for genetic testing, allowing stakeholders to arrive at a single way to code each test on the market. Concert provides tools that connect, unify, and simplify the world of genetic testing and ultimately lead to insights that accelerate healing and improve health. Thank you for your support and continued partnership on providing Californians with access to high-quality health care at an affordable price.